KALI : Smudge of Rebirth
The Goddess Kali Smudge is the Smudge of Rebirth. The fiesty, fiery warrior Kali is the fiercest of Mother Goddess. The chief of the Mahavidyas. She embodies Shakti. As a mother, she is fiercely protective of her children and guards them passionately.
She banishes any negative or evil intent. Kali is quick to unleash her wrath on those who harm, bully or badger others. Transforming all Darkness to Light. And fiercely protective of the innocent and pure. She is the goddess of courage and banishes our terror and fear.
Rebirth of our Ego, of our darkness, of our perspective, of our resources...Ma transmutes it all, birthing us anew.
She can be scary because she brings change. She’s asking you to step up, to evolve.
She reminds us that everything in life is a cycle- the old must be cleared out for the new to come in. Change brings you evolution. Birth and death are natural cycles of life, and we must allow them to happen.
Kali Ma is legendary for destroying all kinds of demons. Kali is particularly important in raising and purifying the kundalini. She releases the physical and energetic denseness that defines her Age—Kal Yug, and shepherds us safely from our own darkness and that of the planet, into Light.
Kali rescues all those struggling with the Dark Night of the Soul, when we are lost and need direction, when we drown and spiral down into our own darkness. She is the dispeller of all psychic attacks, no matter how powerful—no negative power can stand up against our intense, loyal, just, Mother of Darkness.
WHEN TO CONNECT TO KALI:
When you’re stuck in fear and attachment.
When you’re afraid to move out of your comfort zone, to step into the unknown and into mystery.
When you’re afraid to stand in your power.
When you’re struggling to release that which you know you need to release either in yourself or your space.
When you’re facing a Psychic Attack.
When you need courage.
MANTRA TO CHANT—
“Om Aim Hreem Kleem Chamundaye Viche”
“Om Aim Hreem Kleem Chamundaye Viche”
This is a potent Navarna or Navakshari mantra, which means a mantra having nine syllables. It is also popular by the names of the Chamunda Mantra or Chandi Mantra.
It is a beeja (root) mantra of the three Divine Mothers – Maha Lakshmi, Maha Kali, and Maha Saraswati, thus it embodies the powerful energies all three Divine Mothers and therefore can awaken all three of them within us. A beej sound/ nada, has no meaning in itself. It is like an imprint or DNA that invokes a hologrammic impression. With repetition, the hologram becomes stronger and stronger till the deity being invoked, manifests.
Meaning of the Mantra —
* Om – is the most sacred sound, the Pranava. Om is the primordial sound and the entire creation is a manifestation of this mystic sound. Om is the absolute brahman that is always invoked before any mantra
* Aim – is the energy of desire, creation. Here we are invoking the mother in the form of all of her creation. Aim is Mahasaraswati. We invoke her so she awakens within us Higher Knowledge and Viveka, or discernment, which is the ability to know what is dharma, how to study the shastras, how to apply them into our lives.
* Hrim – is everything that can be known through intuition or meditation, perceived by the senses, conceived in the mind, and beyond. When we chant Hrim, we are invoking the Mother Goddess who nurtures, maintains and protects, everything created. Hrim is Mahalakshmi. When we invoke her, we are asking for guidance over our material life. So we can live in grace, abundance, flow. Not just material but spiritual as well.
* Kleem – the energy of wisdom, destruction, kleem is Mahakali. The energy that is energizing, the one who destroys so that birth can happen again is kleem. When we invoke Kali Ma, we are asking her to arise within us and help us destroy our ego. We are asking her to start her volcanic rebirthing within us. The destruction of the old and the advent of the new.
So the beeja sound aim, hreem and kleem symbolize the creation, nurturing and destruction (the deep desire behind creation).
* Chamunda – the Slayer of passion and anger, moves in the head.
* Yai – The Mother who is the Grantor of Boons.
* Vich – means all that is knowable which is called samvat. It invokes the merciful aspect of the Goddess who frees us from our fears. Fears attack the mind in the form of delusions, negativity, darkness and ignorance, but the compassionate goddess liberates all the fears and breaks the ropes of darkness, awakening us to wisdom, knowledge,
* Che – consciousness.
* Namah – means non-ego.